Saturday, September 10, 2011


 (Re posted from my Multiply account August 6, 2009)
Posted bjonathan on Aug 6, '09 10:22 AM for everyone
Watched "Dinig Sana Kita" at UP Film Institute last rainy Aug. 3.

 Lots of people came to see and as we arrived, we were welcomed by a throng of people also eager to watch the movie by Mike Sandejas, the director of "Tulad ng Dati" movie.
We haven't got any tickets yet. So I asked Rheeza to line up to get us our pass while I park the car. She called me up and told me that they will allow those with tickets first and only a hundred pieces will be available for sale. By the looks of the long line it seems we'll end up drinking and not watching it. I found a decent place to park and she called me up again telling me that we will be watching after all.
It was still raining as I joined her at the line and asked her where she got the ticket.  It turns out a lady gave her tickets after she shared the umbrella and offered to walk her to her car. Maybe the rain discouraged the kind hearted lady to line up under the rain and decided to "drink" somewherelse. Well, not only we were guaranteed to watch the movie, we're going to watch it for free! Thanks ma'am! God bless you!
We went in and found ourselves a place to sit. No more cushioned seats available so we settled for the "monobloc" chairs provided in the aisles. Some words from the director and the film started.
The film is about Nina, a rebellious rocker girl and Kiko, a deaf dancer. Meeting and being friends in an unusual way. You may ask how the deaf can dance they can not hear the music? Well watch the movie to find out!!!
The movie has a simple yet unusual storyline but was interpreted in a deeper and dramatic way.
It has it's share of lovestory, comedy and drama and everything else. Be prepared to hold your tears towards the end of it because there's a real tearjerker there! As I read somewhere, it was a powerful ending!
We enjoyed the movie and nevermind that we were sitting on plastic chairs, the movie was so good that it felt we were sitting on a "Lazy Boy".
We could't help but applaude as with the other moviegoers for a superbly made movie. After the credits, lights went on and the cast was there and the camera flashes came off to take pictures of them. A meet and greet was set up outside the theater and I took some more pictures of the casts and director and some celebrities who watched it.
We were about to leave when Rheeza remembered our umbrella. We left it inside and when I asked the the theater staff they told me that one of them got it but he already went home and it was locked up in the audio booth. I could get it the following day I was told. I could get it back but that would mean I have to leave work early again and travel all the way from Bulacan to Quezon City.

That umbrella served us well, I think it's worth the travel...

2 comments:

  1. On a sad note, we were unable to get back our umbrella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie unlike "Tulad ng Dati" was not put in DVD format. They continue to show it on film to whoever is interested to have it viewed. You can contact them and it can be a way for your org's fund raising.

    ReplyDelete